- Walther Rathenau Postdoctoral Fellow. Max-Planck Institut für Wissenschaftsgeschichte, Berlin. Jan.-Sept. 1997.
- Rockefeller Postdoctoral Fellow in Science and the Global Environment. Department of Science and Technology Studies. Cornell University. 1996.
- S.V. Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellow in Natural Resource Studies. Department of Geography. University of California, Berkeley. 1994-5.
- D-Phil., University of Oxford, 1995.
- Fields of Study: Environmental Studies; Economic History; Historical, Philosophical, and Policy Studies of Science, Technology and Innovation.
- M-Phil Coursework Certificate in Philosophy. University of Delhi, 1989. First Class.
- MA in Philosophy. St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi. 1988. First Class. Second Rank in the University Merit List.
- BA in Economics, Political Science and Sociology. Osmania University, 1986.
- BA in Mathematics. University of Delhi, 1985.